I just got home from the gym and boy was it crowded! The New Years Resolution crowd is out in full force. While I’m happy they are trying to have a healthier lifestyle it sure gets a little annoying. I remind myself that if I hold out until at least February the crowds will thin out significantly.
During my run today I thought of all my running goals for 2015. Since my last race in November I’ve been constantly thinking about racing in 2015. Spring race registration is soon approaching which is making me even more anxious. I know my goals will always readjust through the year, but I wanted to write them down anyway.
- Increase my mileage. Right now I’m running somewhere between 14-18 miles/week. I want to increase my weekly mileage to average somewhere between 20-25 miles/week going into my 2015 racing season. I know in order to get faster, I need to run more and build more endurance. This is going to be hard because winter is here and I am running indoors all the time. Treadmills = mental toughness, right?
- PR like crazy. I want a sub-2 hour half, a sub-56 min 10k and a sub-26:30 min 5k. It will hurt so good, but it’s doable.
- Run trails. When spring comes I want to run trails. I’m lucky to have the waterfront and Liberty State Park to run everyday. The NYC skyline will always be beautiful, but it’s flat, all concrete, not shaded, and gets repetitive. Getting to the trails will requiring planning and driving, but I love a good dirt trail. If I really want to get crazy, maybe I’ll sign up for my first trail race.
- Run the 2015 NYC Marathon! I had a miserable experience running the NYC marathon in 2013 because I was not in shape, poorly trained and had stress fractures in both feet. To get into the 2015 Marathon, I did the 9+1 guaranteed entry with my manfriend, Alex. One of the best decisions I have made. Not only have I have ran consistently for almost one year, but I’m significantly fitter and faster. I just want to get to that start line in one piece and without any injuries.
- Cross-train more. I need to cross-train more period. I took my first spin class in 2 years last week and was the only person in the class. I got my ass handed to me and had a blast. It’s a reminder that there are other ways to workout other than yogging.
- Cook 15 new recipes. This has nothing to do with running, but I failed at the whole cook 14 new dishes for the last 14 weeks in 2014, but I have a whole year to try my hand at cooking new to me recipes.
2014 was the year I fell in love with running again. I’m hoping 2015 will be even a more incredible year in terms of health and fitness. I can’t wait!!!